Digital TV Antenna Installation
To ensure that you have access to Australia’s free digital television services and receive channels from free-to-view-broadcasters (including ABS, SBS, Seven, Nine Ten, Ten, Southern Cross, Prime and WIN), you need to make sure your antenna system is Digital Ready.
When installing a Digital TV antenna, there are some critical things you need to consider.
- If you want to pick up signals from multiple stations, check the location of the stations first. Undertake an internet search to find out the direction of the signal broadcasting towers in your area so that you can position the antenna facing them.
- Also check for for strong signals from FM and TV stations. This is one of the most common causes of poor reception on HDTV.
- Identify a position for your digital TV antenna so that there is no obstruction between the tower and the antenna. Make sure to keep the antenna well away from electric lines.
- If you want to capture signal which gives a clear picture then the antenna needs to be placed at the maximum height. This will help to avoid any second hand signals.
- Avoid presence of metal around the antenna. With High definition televisions it is best to mount your antenna away from all reflective things and any other antennas in the area.
- The shorter the cable wires, the better the signal.
- Also to increase the life of your antennas seal all outdoor connections with coax seal or RTV. Humidity in the atmosphere can cause your connections to corrode and destroy your reception.
Call us now on (02) 9011 5394, and have one of our experienced technicians install your antenna.